Longing to experiment with your hair color? You’re not alone. However, most people have no idea how damaging, the chemicals used for the creation of hair colors, can be for the health of their hair. Some of the most harmful chemicals involved in the formation of hair color are given below:
- Ammonia—Harsh for hair and leaves it limp and dull and creates a pungent smell that sticks to the hair as well. The chemical is responsible for the weakening of hair by increasing frizz and tangles. Moreover, exposure to this chemical can lead to several problems such irritation of the skin, throat, lungs, and eyes.
- Resorcinol—It is the most common agent causing allergic reactions. Moreover, it might be toxic for the immune system as well.
- PPD (para-phenylenediamine)—The chemical is used for creating darker shades. However, the chemical has been reported to be the causative agent of severe tearing up of the eyes, eye irritation, dermatitis, and swelling. As per the EPA warning, long exposure to the chemical can cause convulsions, tremors, renal failure, asthma, gastritis, and even coma.
- Ethanol Alcohol (isopropyl alcohol)—This is used in the process of dye absorption. However, the chemical is responsible for the drying up of hair after coloring.
- Parabens—This is used for preventing the growth of microorganisms. However, there is little proof of its being successful.
While many companies claim that they use alternative substances to perform the functions of the above chemicals, almost all of them are responsible for causing hair damage in one way or another. Therefore, it is only sensible to look for an alternative method of changing your hair color. Talk to a knowledgeable hairstylist about hair curling techniques after coloring. Many brands, including Great Lengths, Hair Dreams, as well as others make available real hair that contains no additives.
Hair Extensions—A Safe Alternate to Coloring Your Hair
To avoid all the risks attached with coloring your hair and using a hair color filled with harmful chemicals, you can use hair extensions. There are a number of hair extensions prices available in the market at the moment. Each type has its own pros and cons and you must select the one that suits your needs the best. Here is a brief introduction of the different hair extensions:
- Clip-ins: Ready to wear and easy to manage, this is a great option for those who are looking for a temporary fix. However, they are not the type of hair extension you should be sleeping in, as that will destroy their texture. However, on the up side, they do not require a lot of caring either.
- Tape-ins: These are a more long-term option. However, you are advised to opt for a professional service at a hair extension salon when choosing this option. This is not a task you should be performing on your own.
- Sew-in Weaves: This is the perfect option not only for altering your hair color but also its length and volume. However, try to take care of your hair and do not slack off as that can cause damage to your hair.
Are you looking for a professional service to provide you with a new look by adding in a few hair extensions? Try Chicago Hair Extensions Salon for a superior service.