You have lovely long tresses but you are seeing much more hair on your brush recently and you start worrying what’s going on. Before turning to Google for advice on how to stop your hair loss and which are the best products available on the market, it is worth investing some time to find out what causes your hair fall and which are the best natural remedies that can help you cope with it.
Main reasons for hair loss
There are several factors that can cause hair loss and determining which one is valid for you is important for your next action. We can divide them into three main groups:
- External factors
When we are talking about external factors we mean change of weather or location. It is normal to experience more intensive hair loss in spring and autumn. Your hair also reacts if the weather condition changes abruptly and outside temperatures rise or fall drastically.
If you have changed your living place, your hair may start falling a bit more intensive as well. It is kind of a reaction to all the different environment and natural elements that surround you.
This condition typically doesn’t last long and your hair recovers quickly. You can still use some natural remedies to boost your hair growth.
- Medical conditions
There are many medical conditions that result in hair loss. Such as thyroid problems, ovarian cancer, menopause, hormonal imbalance, scalp infections, vitamin deficiency or genetic predisposition. If this is the case, you need to consult with a doctor and start taking the respective medicine. Usually, when the health problem is resolved, the hair will take care of itself and you will see it restored to its former beauty. Sometimes the doctor may prescribe some specific supplements to help your hair and body recover.
Though not exactly a “medical condition”, pregnancy or the period immediately after giving birth is also often associated with significant hair loss. This is due to the hormones in your body and is again a case in which your hair will cope with the problem on its own or with a very little help of some natural stimulants.
- Life style
The most common cause of hair fall is the life style. Improper diet and excessive smoking can easily lead to hair loss. If you do not change these bad habits no hair treatment therapy will help your hair grow stronger. Try eating food rich in iron, vitamin C and vitamin B12 to give yourself shiny and strong hair and nails.
Stress and depression are also one of the main culprits for hair loss. Try different relaxing techniques such as meditation, yoga or even seeing a therapist, who can help you calm down. Your inner beauty and tranquility will immediately shine out.
Now, once you have identified the cause of your hair loss, here are a few ways how to cope with it.
Proper nutrition is your best ally in fighting hair loss. Protein strengthens hair and promotes growth. Food rich in Omega 3 fatty acids such as nuts, eggs, seeds and fish should be part of your daily serving. Iron, zinc and biotin are also important for the health of your hair. If you cannot source them via food, you can opt for taking food supplements. Be aware, however, since they are not completely harmless. Even though you can buy them without prescription, it is better to seek advice from a doctor which supplements to take and how to combine them.
The best thing to do for your thinning hair is to stop overloading it with chemicals. There are some natural remedies that you can try in order to stimulate hair growth and prevent further hair loss.
- Some smelly spices like garlic and onion are actually an excellent hair stimulant. Smash a few garlic cloves and rub the juice onto your scalp. Massage the scalp and leave it for 30-40 minutes. Then wash your hair. The same procedure can be done with onion juice.
- Curry leaves are yet another spice that not only tastes good but has many health boosting advantages. It strengthens the hair as it affects positively the hair follicles. It is also a natural anti-oxidant and stimulates the hair growth.
- Henna is a product that has been extensively used throughout the centuries. Queens and kings in the past used it for dying or shampooing their hair. Nowadays, henna is also used for hair coloring and cleansing. It soothes the scalp, leaves your hair shiny, promotes new hair growth and thus boost hair volume.
Of course, there are plenty of other herbs and spices that can help you fighting hair loss but these are some of the most popular and easily accessible ones.
Alternatives to hide your thinning hair
In addition to applying natural remedies, you can also use some alternatives to hide your thinning hair. Here are some suggestions:
- You can use scalp coloring products so that your scalp is not so visible through your thinning hair;
- Turn to experienced hair extension specialists who can recommend the best hair extensions for your type of hair so that it will have more volume;
- Cut your hair short as this will make it look thicker.
No matter what the cause of your hair fall is, know that there is always a solution. Identify the reason and try maintaining a healthier life style in order to enjoy your long thick tresses longer.