Have you been looking for a salon that has realistic wigs for women in Chicago, IL? Many people worry about what others think when they wear a wig during cancer treatment. Covering up your hair loss may feel important, but the loss of confidence can be devastating. What if you could have a realistic wig that quelled those worries? Realistic wigs for cancer patients do exist. You can feel beautiful and confident as you face one of the biggest fights of your life.
The Characteristics of Realistic Wigs for Women With Cancer
Realistic wigs should make you feel comfortable facing the world outside your home. Just what makes up a realistic wig? It should have some or all of the following:
- Proper fit – The right wig fits your head well. It won’t slip or fall. Custom wigs are made to fit your head perfectly.
- Mono top – Mono top wigs allow you to part or style your hair to mimic your natural look. This helps ease the transition from your hair to a wig.
- No apparent seams – A realistic wig doesn’t have any noticeable seams or material that makes it obvious the hair is not yours.
- Lace front – Lace front wigs lie right at the hairline. The hair tied into the lace blends in with your hairline, making it look as though it’s your natural hair.
Our Wig Options in the Chicago Area
You have many options when choosing a wig type. Aside from the construction, including the fit and seams, you can choose from a variety of different hair types. Chicago wigs for women include the following options:
- Human hair – The most realistic wigs for cancer patients are made from human hair. The custom wig can take on any look, mimicking your original look or an entirely new one.
- Synthetic wigs – Synthetic wigs are more affordable, but have fewer customization options. Professionally styled, synthetic wigs hold their style even after you wash the hair.
- Heat-resistant wigs – Do you still want the option to style your wig? Heat-resistant synthetic wigs make it possible. You can curl or straighten the wig, just like your normal hair. This may help you feel more ‘in control’ during this trying time.
Other options for Chicago wigs for women include Remy wigs and European hair wigs. Both offer different looks, such as highlights, lowlights, or to bring out your ethnicity by providing the silky texture of European hair.
Choosing the Right Style Wigs for Cancer Patients
You have many options when choosing the right wig. A new look may be fun, but make it more obvious that you are wearing a wig. What’s your goal? Do you want your wig to look as natural as your original hair or do you want something a little wild and fun?
If you desire a natural look, choose a style closest to what you already had before chemo. Wigs for cancer patients can be customized any way that you want. Whether you need a specific cut/style, highlights, or color, you can have a wig made just for you.
If you’d rather have a new look – go for it! Women with naturally long hair often choose shorter hair wigs. Wigs for cancer patients with shorter hair are easier to care for. They also make the transition when your hair starts growing back, a little more natural. Anyone can choose a different style though – you do what makes you feel the happiest and most confident.
Are you ready to discover your options for Chicago wigs for women? We help you every step of the way. We’ll consult with you, help you discover your desires, and create a custom wig that makes you look and feel your best.
We are conveniently located in the Chicago area, helping women during one of the most trying times in their lives. Schedule a hassle-free consultation at Chicago Hair Extensions Salon to learn more. We serve Skokie, Evanston, Northbrook, Glenview, Morton Grove, including Des Plaines, Rosemont, Highland Park and more.